Yeah, I’ve totally lost it. I’m loosing my marbles (what does that expression mean by the way???And if we are destined to lose our marbles, how many do we get to start with?? I’m worried).
I was thinking the other day about something that happened while I was visiting my sister in NY. We were getting ready to step into the elevator in her building; as my sister opened the door to get in (it’s an old, old elevator – seriously, I think there was a man with a pulley harnessing us up and down the shoot), I heard her say “Oh, oh, OH!! You going down to the basement? You go ahead!! We’ll wait for it to come up.” Now, I could only see a sliver of the woman she was speaking to. She was a bit in her years, probably mid 80’s, hair a bit crazy, but that is all I could see…and I had no idea why my sister didn’t want to get in the elevator with her.
As my sister and I were waiting for the little pulley man to bring up the elevator (grin & wink), she turned to me and quietly said “she wasn’t wearing any pants!” “SAY WHAT????” I replied. “No, really, she wasn’t wearing any pants.” OMG! Underwear was present, but no pants!! I HAD to see for myself, but at the same time I DIDN’T want to see!
The elevator arrived, we stepped in and I saw it all. The woman was standing there in her tee shirt, her crazy hair, and no pants! My heart broke. I was half laughing, half crying inside. I wanted to help her…or someone(!) to help her find those darn pants!
We carried on, and I have to admit more than once that day, I cracked up thinking about the whole “situation” and at the same time, felt terribly sad for the woman. I wondered if she had anyone that looked after her and if she’s often left the house with no pants:(
Surprisingly, we encountered her later that afternoon outside my sisters building, dressed in a pant suit! (HUH?) and smoking!!! “Ok” I thought to myself. How could this woman, one minute be pantless, crazy-haired and the next all dolled-up and smoking outside as if she was never in the elevator, hanging out in just her skinnies??
Maybe she’s a little nutty, or perhaps a bit senile (awe, I really hope not) or maybe she just doesn’t care! And if she doesn’t, then I LOVE her and think she is a crazy superfreak!!
The moral (if there is one) of this story is this: I’m a bit loopy, too! We all can be “nutty” at times…and I love that! We are emotional beings. It is impossible to be continually “normal” (whatever that is). I believe when we truly feel comfortable with who we are, we are less likely to be concerned about what others think of us. We are no longer affected by others or afraid to show our true selves, even our “nutty, crazy, freaky” self.
I’m a superfreak and I like it. I try to be an example and support others with my work, but I love that I am emotional being and I love that I can be super goofy, super sensitive, and super okay with all facets of myself. There are days when I literally lose my marbles and am a bit coo-coo and I like it. Now, granted, I’m not leaving home without my pants and with crazy-hair (thank goodness!), but there are days when I want to go to the store in my pajamas (which, by the way my mom thinks is a dress!!), and not put any effort in to being anything other then what I am in that moment, sans make-up, proper attire, etc.
Subliminal insert here: If you use the Life Aromatherapy skin care, body products and natural perfume line, you will always smell and look good regardless of you having no make-up, no pants, or pajamas on. People will be so caught up in trying to figure out what that “amazing smell is” and how you got that “glow” and will not notice your crazy hair, lack of proper clothing, etc. So, you better get some product now, superfreaks out there!
Okay – I have to stop, because this blog is going no where at this point. Ha!. Keep your pants on, be crazy every now and again, and love who you are, always!Here’s a little update on what I’ve been doing (if you are interested. Ha!)
- Surprisingly, I’ve been organizing my writing to submit. Woo hoo! I’ll post a couple bits for you to read when I can:) I am finishing up some stories, which might take some time, but I am submitting my poems and “inspirational” works in the meantime. So many of you have encouraged me to do this, and I want to “thank you” for that. We’ll see how it goes, and in the meantime, I’ll continue to bore you and attempt to make you laugh through outlets like this blog;)
- I’ve developed a natural, high-end perfume line. The design and packaging are currently in the works! Some of you currently use my “custom” perfume blends (distinctive to the person I create them for) but I’ve formulated a universal line for everyone to enjoy. There are 9 different unisex perfumes, so far. More are in development. I will let you know when I launch them (of course) so you can be the first to try! In the meantime, I am still making custom perfumes. In case you are interested in how the custom blends work: Basically, I use my intuitive skills to “tune in” and see what oils resonate with your energy and body chemistry. I keep the recipe card, so that it is solely “your” scent. The perfume oils are all natural and stay on the skin for hours. You will LOVE them. Guaranteed!! You can contact me directly at: email@example.com if you are interested:) Mention that you read about the custom blends from this blog and I’ll give you 15% off your first perfume order:) Mwah!
- Looking into switching over to WordPress for my blog and adding it to my Life Aromatherapy webpage or Carrieannkeller.com. I’m trying to make things easier for people to access and I hear wordpress is the way to go (but, I LOVE blogspot!!). If you have feedback on this, let me know.
- Readings. Resting. Yoga!!!
- Listing to music:) I’ve been listening to my “boyfriend” Devendra Banhart’s latest album called What Will We Be. A song on the album that makes me happy is: Can’t Help but Smiling. He is totally eccentric, but I love that about him and think he is a special guy. He’s a fabulous artist to boot! Check him out here: http://www.devendrabanhart.com/
He’s so pretty.
That is it for now! Looking forward to hearing from you soon and remember….superfreaky is not geeky, but shee-kay:)
Sending tons of love,
Oops!! One more thing!! Mark your calendars! I’m coming to Phoenix again to teach a Aromatherapy Chakra Flow Class at Urban Yoga. The workshop will fall on October 9th from 1-3pm. Get ready for some fun! I will provide more details, soon!!