Wishes and dreams.
Struggles and screams.
Hope and might.
Imagination and will.
Miracles and thrill.
This way, life goes.
I’m finally ready, are you? I feel that I resisted starting the New Year. Just yesterday did I finally feel like being out in the world and connecting to the New Year. Thus…that is why you haven’t heard from me for a while.
Last year was an intense and emotionally taxing year. I worked very hard and put everything I had into new projects (my Life Tool Kits) and prepping for events and meetings that had the ability to launch my business into a whole new level. The hard work was worth it, but I needed a time out. I think I’m still in the “self-care” mode and I have to say, I like it. It’s been a while since I’ve taken a break and to be frank, it’s something I’m learning to do — my work is my passion, so I’ve had to set boundaries and create a schedule to keep balance in my life. I know that it’s essential for healing and well-being.
Soooooo, guess what the topic is this month??? Yes, you know it! BALANCE! For many, this year is all about setting boundaries and creating balance. If we don’t take care of ourselves and preserve our energy, who will? I thought I had healthy boundaries until I basically broke down from exhaustion at the end of the year. I was completely deflated. Everything that I had worked so hard for all year came to fruition and I was left with fulfillment from achieving goals, but emotionally depleted and totally exhausted.
What I learned through the process is how I need to create a schedule where I have time that is devoted just for me. Whether I go to yoga, read a book, get a massage….it’s necessary that I incorporate “nurturing” into my schedule. I have a daily meditation practice that helps tremendously and I spend a lot of time outdoors, but there is something about yoga and doing things that are more nurturing that heal the body in a profound way. I suggest you all try to commit yourself to a little pampering this year. Create some time in your schedule just for you. This is the year to do it. Everything is elevating and speeding up. We are becoming more sensory and sensitive…everyone can use the self-care.
Here are some tips from Organize Your Life to assist with balance:
Top 10 Ways to Balance Your Life
- Become good at delegating – you don’t have to do it all. In fact, by sharing the workload, you are helping others develop skills and increase self-esteem.
- Avoid overscheduling yourself (and your children). Learn to say ‘no’ when there’s too much on your plate. If you have trouble with the word ‘no’, find another way to turn down the request, i.e. “Thank you but I think I’ll pass this time.”
- Avoid multitasking – give important tasks your undivided attention. Doing several things at once has been scientifically proven to impair memory, increase stress, and decrease productivity – leaving us feeling exhausted and unfulfilled.
- Take time for you – take regular breaks, both short and long. Take short breaks between tasks, even if it’s to get up and look out the window. Do at least one thing you find relaxing every day. Take holidays and long weekends.
- Surround yourself with positive, supportive people – choose good listeners with your best interests in mind and who make you feel good when you are around them.
- Book a date night with yourself and do what you want to do. Also schedule regular date nights with your significant other to keep the relationship fresh. Plan the dates in advance so you have something to look forward to.
- Avoid working late or bringing work home unless it’s the occasional urgent project. If you are tempted to stay late, schedule something after work that forces you (or gives you a good excuse) to leave on time (i.e. gym class, dinner date).
- Listen to your body. If you are tired, get some sleep. If you are hungry, have healthy snacks readily available until the next meal. If you are irritable, go for a walk and figure out what’s bothering you.
- Get outdoors – spend time in nature. Go to a park, a beach or the mountains. Turn your cell phone off, even for just few minutes, and enjoy the surroundings without distractions.
- Get physical. Exercise will re-energize you. Go to the gym, go for a bike ride or a run, or get involved in a sport. Find something you enjoy doing and see if you can find a friend to join you.
If you want to take the balancing and self-care to a whole other level then maybe this will interest you:
I’ve created a series of kits to help individuals evolve and create self-sanctuaries within. If this is the year that you wish to attract a life partner, find self-love, find healing, acceptance or trust in yourself…I believe my kits can help you with the process. Each kit includes a 20 minute spiritual counseling session with me. In the session I will guide you to the kit that will assist you on your path at this time in your life, or you can choose your own kit based on what you are looking to manifest and bring into your life. Here they are:
First Series Life Tool Kits™
Trust In Self
I promise you, they work! I feel once you commit yourself to the 60 day process and do the daily ritual, you will transform and cherish the experience. There are currently 12 kits total. I recommend starting with one from the first series and then choosing another one from the first series or move on the second series. I will be there to guide you through the process if you need help selecting a kit.
Here is a little video of what I’m bringing in to my life as a result of creating more balance in my life.
I’m wishing you all the most amazing year ever. I keep hearing from people that they feel it’s going to be a great year. I trust that whatever you feel WILL BE. It IS going to be one of the BEST YEARS YET! Yahoo!
Oh, one more thing before I go!! Music!! Here’s my pick. If you ever have artists you would like to share, message me on Twitter or Facebook and I’ll post them in future blogs.
I’m sending you all bountiful amounts of love. Until next time….
I have let go. I have let love in. And loved, and loved some more. I will do it again and again. For those that couldn’t hold me and those that wanted to contain me, I send love and gratitude to you. For I have learned my lessons well. My heart holds room for it all. And my heart will be held. I will hold your hearts in my heart. I will share it with the hearts of others. And I will be humble and kind. For our hearts are to be protected and cared for — as we are always mending and expanding. And I will do my best to always embody love. -ck